Ride the Rocket ship to DISTRIBUTED SATURDAYS! A weekly, peer-to-peer, protocol-agnostic learning fest for all knowledge levels, technical and non-technical.
***FEATURED EVENTS THIS SATURDAY!***
11:00 AM to 2:00PM - Mobius Dapp Workshop: How to Build Apps for the Stellar Blockchain
• This 3 hour workshop will walkthrough the basics of Mobius SDK integration. By the end of this workshop your app will be able to accept crypto payments with ease and be integrated with our DApp Store where you can earn real money! We will have devs on site to offer you hands on help!
• Join local developers in upgrading your apps to the blockchain using the latest SDKs. Mobius Network makes cryptocurrency integration for any existing app easy, secure and free using Node.js, Python, Ruby, or PHP.
• No previous blockchain skills or knowledge necessary! We will teach you everything you need to know!
• You can enter your upgraded DApp in the Mobius Global Hackathon for a chance to win 200,000 MOBI. All you have to do is successfully integrate your DApp in the Mobius DApp Store! All participants who successfully put their DApp on the DApp store will earn 5,000 MOBI!
• Lunch provided!
Mobius is an app store for Stellar Dapps
• Find more details about the Mobius Global Hackathon here: http://bitly.com/2sFpUOR
• Get a head start and check out the official Mobius Documentation: https://docs.mobius.network
• Follow Mobius on Twitter for the latest project updates: https://twitter.com/mobius_network
1:00PM to 3:00PM - Whitepaper Book Club: Stellar
• Come join us as we dive into the white paper of industry heavyweight, Stellar, an open-source, decentralized protocol for digital currency to fiat currency transfers which allows cross-border transactions between any pair of currencies.
• The Stellar protocol is supported by a nonprofit, the Stellar Development Foundation and has been used by companies such as IBM, KlickEx, Deloitte, Parkway Projects, Tempo, Wanxiang Labs and Stripe.
• Whitepaper: https://www.stellar.org/papers/stellar-consensus-protocol.pdf
10:00AM to 3:00PM Peer-to-Peer Learning
• For those interested in the technical side, no DLT programming language experience necessary. Would be great if you've coded in something, but pure interest goes a long way. Self-learning programs include...
- CryptoZombies: Great primer on Solidity http://www.cryptozombies.io
- Ethernaut: Smart contract tutorial https://ethernaut.zeppelin.solutions/
- Hyperledger Composer: Build a Hyperledger solution from scratch
• If you've got a project you're working on or something you'd like to further your understanding of with others, please bring it!
• Bring your laptops!
1:00PM to 2:00PM Blockchain 101 for Non-Technical People
• We'll break down what blockchain technology is, what a blockchain is, and how it will benefit you.
• This weeks Blockchain 101 angle is Art & Blockchain. We'll search together for and explore real world use cases and live dapps in the blockchain art world in preparation for the upcoming blockchain & art event "The Culture Industry Experiment" on October 6th @ Starfish Mission.
2:00PM to 4:00PM EOS Hackathon Team Building
Our SF EOS Developer group will get together from 1-3pm to share and learn more about EOS, form teams and prepare for the EOS Hackathon on November 10-11th. ($140k+ in prizes)
-Peer to peer EOS learning
This event is part of Starfish Mission's full day DISTRIBUTED SATURDAY events, a weekly, peer-to-peer, protocol-agnostic learning event for all knowledge levels. This event will also coincide with the Founder's World 2018 summit for startups.
Please use code "SOLIDSTARFISH" for Day2 ticket here: http://bit.ly/DistributedLAUNCH
Please register and RSVP here. Hope to see you there!
Telegram supergroup for this event: