Proposed Start Date: Immediately
WHAT IS STARFISH?
Starfish Mission is a pioneering hub run by the blockchain community for the blockchain community - founded by the Starfish Network. We are dedicated to creating spaces and learning opportunities for the community which inspires us; to change commerce, communication and governance, effectively upgrading the operating system of our world.
The Marketing & Social Media Intern supports our tiny-but-mighty team on the day-to-day management and growth of Starfish’s social media presence and marketing presence across numerous channels and brand engagement in alignment with brand voice, business strategies and audience objectives. You will:
• Assist with creating Facebook marketing campaigns
• Assist with the management of several social media accounts
• Create or assist with the creation of content - writing, taking pictures or videos
• Attend industry events, workshops, and panels to represent Starfish in the wider community
• Tell the Starfish story in a fun, engaging way
• Support the community management of our public communication groups
• Learn a heck of a lot about marketing, communications, the blockchain industry and the nuts and bolts of the coworking industry
The ideal intern is/has:
• A deep interest in blockchain technology
• Passion for supporting the blockchain community
• A fast learner with a passion for problem-solving
• An excellent communicator
• Positive and engaging personality
• Outstanding design and presentation skills
• Social media savvy
(preferably) has a background in communications, marketing or a related field
• Bonus - skilled with photography and video-ing
Marketing & Social Media Interns work alongside their assigned mentor and the internship coordinator, who also both supervise the intern task lists. Training will be provided by the assigned mentor and any mentor-approved member. Our goal is to train you to eventually be autonomous and take a leadership position in this role.
We require at least 15 to 20 hours per week of in-person work at Starfish (@ 1535 Mission St, SoMa) for you to get the most out of your internship. Internship hours do not include event attendance, unless notified otherwise. Specific hours must be designated and agreed upon with your mentor beforehand.
Interns have free access to the co-working space, podcast room, meeting rooms (when available) and its amenities; receive free training to open themselves to future opportunities in a new, developing industry; access to free tickets to conferences (when available). This internship is unpaid. You must coordinate with your school to receive college credit or transcript recognition. Our spring internship starts January 15th and ends April 2nd.
Send an email to email@example.com with your resume and/or LinkedIn, and a paragraph about why you feel this is a fit.